04 April, 2011

Pizza Party!

(this doesn't look as appetizing as it actually was. next time I'll add some greens to the top for appeal...)
Sadly, I made a grave error when making tonight's dinner... WAY too much oil, and I've got quite the belly ache to show for it. BUT, I feel like the recipe was decent otherwise... so it's not a total loss! I've altered the oil below to what I think would be appropriate. I used the Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage sausages and they (per usual) were superb. By far my favorite faux meat product.

1 package whole wheat pizza dough (I used Trader Joes)
4 tbsp grape seed oil, plus 1 tsp
2 large cloves garlic
2 tbsp fresh sage
2 fresh thyme
2 "sausage" links
4 shallots
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup non-dairy mozzarella

Let pizza dough sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.

In a small saucepan, heat 4 tbsp of oil over low heat. Add garlic, sage, and thyme, and infuse until oil is fragrant- about 15-20 minutes.

Slice shallots into 1/8 inch rounds and saute over low heat with the remaining 1 tsp oil for about 15 minutes. Once shallots are soft, add a pinch of salt and balsamic. Stir until combined.

Slice sausages into 1/4 inch rounds. Saute over medium heat until golden brown.

Lightly flour a pizza stone, and roll dough into a 12" circle. Brush infused oil, along with garlic, sage, and thyme over pizza dough. Add shallots, sausage, and non-dairy cheese. Per usual, I used Daiya, but use whatever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment