20 April, 2011

Evolution

For a little while now, I've been contemplating taking my blog in another direction. While there are a few great resources detailing the specifically vegetarian and vegan dining options there are in Boston, I feel like the web lacks in having something to tell the veggie world what a wide array of options they have available to them outside of the 10 or so all veg restaurants. So, maybe I should attempt to provide that. Key word: ATTEMPT.

I have come to realize that one of my biggest pet peeves is having people say "what DO you eat?", or "I dont know how you do it" when the topic of being a vegetarian/vegan comes up. I think the reason I get so frustrated is that I feel like there are SO many options, and it's really easy to do. Mostly just because I WANT to do it (if you dont want to eat something, you just don't eat it, right?), but these days, being a vegan or vegetarian is extremely easy (I say that like I was around when it wasn't easy...), and so many places are vegan/vegetarian friendly or accommodating. I want to document that.

So... veggiebean.com is born. I'm really hoping that it will be beneficial for people. I want to have an extensive list of restaurants, links, menu options, "reviews", and who knows what. It will be a work in progress. Suggestions are always welcome and appreciated.

here we go!

1 comment: