23 February, 2011

An ode to Kim and Lauren




Hi friends,

I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Life threw me a few curve balls recently and haven't been doing as much on the creative cooking side of things. So, I figure this is a good time to tell you about a couple of the cook books I've been adoring. As I think anyone should, I have a small plethora of cook books (vegan and vegetarian, even some non-veggie) piling up in my dining room closet, and I try to use them as much as possible to keep things exciting. However, I've been using these two on an almost daily basis lately.

Skinny Bitch by Kim Barnouin:

I absolutely love this cookbook. My sister got it for me for my Birthday in December and I plan at least one meal a week out of it. I've never read any of the Skinny Bitch books, but after reading through this cookbook, I really appreciate the approach they've taken to spreading the word on veganism and will completely reconsider. Plus, she's damn funny.


Vegan Yum Yum by Lauren Ulm:

I swear that our taste buds are twins. I love the personal touch she gives to the book and I would be lying if I said that she wasn't a motivation to me starting my own cooking blog. She hasn't had a new post in a while, but check out veganyumyum. All the dishes I've made from this book/blog are fantastic and there are pictures of almost everything (taken by her, of course...), to boot! I love a good picture of some grub.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were Vegan! I bought Skinny Bitch and I will tell you that I threw it out before I even finished reading it. Literally, it went in the garbage. I respect anyone's right to choose what kind of diet they want to follow but that book was just pure PETA propaganda and the girls that wrote it were just vulgar for the sake of being vulgar to get their point across. Dislike. But I hope all is well with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That's kind of the impression I got when I flipped through it at the bookstore (hence why I hadn't read before...). Thanks for the feedback! Luckily, the cookbook seems to stray far from that, and the food is great, so I'll take it :)

    I hope all is well with you, too!

    ReplyDelete