02 February, 2011

Mex-suey


I'm going to file this one under "stupid easy" because it was very last minute and not very well thought out. Like last week, our Monday night was a bit hectic and I was more concerned with getting grocery shopping done so that I could come home and watch "Chuck" than I was with cooking dinner. I had some Daiya cheddar left over from the strata and figured I should find a way to use it.

1 un-drained can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
3/4 cup uncooked pasta
1/2 a package (170 oz.) soy chorizo crumbles
1/2 cup of daiya cheddar, divided
1tbs olive oil

Cook the pasta per package instructions. While the pasta cooks, saute the pepper in the oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and soy chorizo to the pepper and cook until pasta is done. Add the pasta to the soy-rizo mixture and toss well. Add a bit of daiya before serving.

Not terrible for a 15 minute dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment