26 January, 2011

N-BLT's with scallion garlic nayo

Tonight presented much less time to make dinner than usual, so this wasn't too involved. I put a little extra love into it, though, so that's what matters, right?

What need for two non-BLT's:

4 Slices of bread. I used multigrain here.
3 tbs nayonaise
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 scallion, chopped
Non-Bacon strips of sorts. I used 4 strips per sandwich, but use as many or few as you'd like.
6 Romaine lettuce leaves
1 Avocado
1 Med. Roma tomato

Combine nayo, scallions, and garlic salt in a small bowl until well mixed.

Cut the avocado in two. Pit, skin, and slice each side into about 5 slices.

Slice the tomato so that you have about 6 even slices.

Cut the lettuce leaves into bread-size pieces.

Cook your "facon" per package instructions- mine was over medium heat in a non-stick pan for about two minutes on each side.

Toast your bread, if it suits your fancy (I think you're crazy if it doesnt!). Smooth nayo onto one side of each slice of bread, then layer the yums and munch!

I apologize in advance for the picture quality. I take pictures with my iPhone... 'nuff said. I'll work on that later, I promise.

I'm very excited for tomorrow's post... snowstorm + working from home = need for an awesome breakfast. It's chilling in the fridge as we speak and waiting to be baked as soon as I wake up. Hope everyone has a safe morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment