25 January, 2011

my thoughts on blogging

Remember live journal? I just did, and I logged in to make sure mine was deleted and purged. I made the decision to do that a long, long time ago (when you're 27, 5 years is a long long time!). I woke up one day and wondered why on earth I thought it was a good idea to put my every thought on the internet for the world to see. Did I really need the attention that badly? No.

To an extent, I've found that "blogging" these days is a fairly mutated, but evolved cousin of what live journal was years ago (and could still be now, for all I know...). I love it and hate it. Some people use blogging as a way to unleash their creativity and share their ideas with the world. I love that. Some people... don't.

I won't get into the types of blogs that I hate to see, because then mine would turn into one, but I'd like to simply state that my purpose here is to share my adventures in cooking with my friends and family. Maybe I'll get some feedback. Maybe Ina Garten will read this and invite me to be a guest vegan chef on The Barefoot Contessa. Maybe not.

I'll more likely get some gross comments about how my food looks like it should be sold in the pet aisle of a grocery store... either way, this is mostly for me because I want to and I promise not to go any further than this with my thoughts on life. So there.

I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment